The term W. Stevenson & Sons Ltd or Stevenson Newlyn, us, or we, refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Harbour Offices, Newlyn, Penzance, Cornwall TR18 5HB. Our company registration number is no 03569268 and we are registered in England. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Terms of Sale
What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us.
How to contact us
- You can contact us by calling us on 01736 330713 or by e-mailing us at [email protected]
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the e-mail address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
Our ordering contact with you
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we take payment, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you during the checkout process you will not be able to submit your order. You will not be charged.
- We only sell to the UK excluding Northern Ireland. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. We cannot unfortunately take and process order for outside of UK or in Northern Island.
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures on site. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown on images on our website.
- Perishable goods must be consumed, frozen or refrigerated on day of arrival
Our rights to make changes
- Substitution of products. Where you have ordered a product which we cannot provide (by way of example, because it is a perishable product which would not be edible by the time it is delivered to you) we may, at our sole discretion, provide a substitute of that product which we believe to be similar or materially identical to the product you ordered. You will not be charged additional fees for substituted products. Upon taking the order we will ask you to agree to substitutes if needed.
Providing the products
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery is included within the box
- Delivery times.
Orders placed before 12 noon: Delivery: Monday Wednesday Tuesday Thursday Wednesday Friday Thursday Tuesday Friday Tuesday Saturday Wednesday Sunday Wednesday
(Please note orders placed after 12 noon will be processed the following day)
- Late Delivery. If your delivery arrives outside of the period indicated to you during the order process we may offer you a refund of the difference between the delivery cost at your elected period and the delivery cost for the time the products are delivered.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- If no one is available at your address to take delivery of your order it will be left at a safe and convenient place, which you have specified to us in your order. If the products cannot be left at a safe and convenient location, or you are not in, our courier will leave your products either;
- with a neighbour; or
- in a place which the courier determines to be suitable.
- The product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or at alternative place of delivery that you have advised of.
- The products which form your order become your goods once we have received payment in full.
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.
- When you don’t have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
- products which are perishable products (such as fish/raw meats);
- products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after delivery;
- any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
- Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. A contract for goods is completed when the product is delivered (regardless of whether you are in to receive the delivery or not). If you want to end the contract in these circumstances, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
If there is a problem
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us.
- Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
If your product is goods, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected life of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
For the avoidance of doubt, perishable products (such as meat) once dispatched for delivery cannot be returned.
How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to supply the products to you;
- to process your payment for the products; and
- if you gave your consent to do so during the order process, to inform you about similar/complimentary products that we or third parties provide, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us.
We will only give your personal information to third parties where;
- the law either requires or allows us to do so; or
- you have agreed that we may share your information with third parties.